[nyfoil-l] Spring 2010 Immigrant Solidarity Network Newsletter+May Day 2010 Call to Action!

SIUHIN at aol.com SIUHIN at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 23:30:09 CDT 2010

Spring 2010 National Immigrant Solidarity  Network Monthly News Digest and
News Alert!

National Immigrant Solidarity  Network
webpage:  http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org
e-mail:  info at ImmigrantSolidarity.org

==

Spring  2010 U.S. Immigrant Alert! Newsletter
Published by National Immigrant  Solidarity Network

Please read the Newsletter:
http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/Newsletter/Spring2010.pdf
[Requires Adobe  Acrobat, to download, go: http://www.adobe.com]

Obama and the Immigrant  Rights: Are We Going to Prevail?

In This Issue:
1) May Day 2010
2)  David Bacon on Immigration Reform
3) DHS Racial Profiling
4) ICE’s  Quotas on Deporting Immigrants
5) Gitmo North Gitmo in NYC
6) Immigrant  Women
7) Updates, Please Support NISN! Subscribe the Newsletter!

Please print edition of the Newsletter:
http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/Newsletter/Spring10.pdf

*****************

May  Day 2010 National Immigrant Workers Mobilization
National Mobilization For  Immigrant Workers Rights!

National Immigrant Solidarity Network
http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/MayDay2010/
WE ARE ALL HUMANS! NO ONE IS  ILLEGAL!
Please Post Your May Day 2009 Video at our  ActivistVideo.org
Always reminder: Think Globally, Act Locally; Injustice  Never Sleeps, and
People’s Struggle Never Ends!
About May Day 2010
We are  calling A national day of multi-ethnic unity with youth, labor,
peace and  justice communities in solidarity with immigrant workers and
building new  immigrant rights & civil rights movement!

Wear White T-Shirt,  organize local actions to support immigrant worker
rights!

1) No to  anti-immigrant legislation, and the criminalization of the
immigrant  communities.
2) No to militarization of the border.
3) No to the immigrant  detention and deportation.
4) No to the guest worker program.
5) No to  employer sanction and "no match" letters.
6) Yes to a path to legalization  without condition for undocumented
immigrants NOW.
7) Yes to speedy family  reunification.
8) Yes to civil rights and humane immigration law.
9) Yes  to labor rights and living wages for all workers.
10) Yes to the education  and LGBTQ immigrant legislation.

We encourages everyone to actively  linking our issues with different
struggles: wars in Africa, the Americas, Asia,  Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine &
Korea with sweatshops exploitation in Asia as  well as in Los Angeles, New
York; international arm sales and WTO, FTAA, NAFTA  & CAFTA with AIDS, hunger,
child labors and child solider; as well as  multinational corporations and
economic exploitation with racism and poverty at  home—in order we can win
the struggle together at this May Day 2010!
Please  send your May Day 2010 reports/annoucemnets to:
info at ImmigrantSolidarity.org

**May Day 2009 Photos & Essay  Reports from around the World
Download the PDF formated Report:
http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/MayDay2009Report/MayDay2009Report.pdf

==

Useful  Immigrant Resources on Detention and Deportation

Face Sheet: Immigration  Detention--Questions and Answers (Dec, 2008) by:
http://www.thepoliticsofimmigration.org

http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/resource.htm

It will help us pay for the printing costs, as well as  funding for the
NISN projects (additional donations to the NISN is tax  deductible!)

Check pay to: NISN/AFGJ
National Immigrant Solidarity  Network
P.O. Box 751
South Pasadena, CA  91031-0751

- Daily email update:
The National Immigrant  Solidarity Network daily news litserv
to join, visit web:  http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn
or send e-mail to:  isn-subscribe at lists.riseup.net

- Regional listservs:
Asian  American Labor Activism Alert! Listserv
send-e-mail to:  api-la-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
or visit:  http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la

New York, New Jersey, Connecticut  and Pennsylvania areas immigrant workers
information and alerts
send e-mail  to: nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
or visit:  http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert

Virginia state-wide  immigrant organizing E-mail list
send- e-mail to:  va-immigrantrights-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
or visit:   https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/va-immigrantrights

US-Mexico Border  Information: No Militarization of Borders! Support
Immigrant Rights!
send  e-mail to: Border01-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

Immigrant Deportation and  Detention Alert!
send e-mail to:  isn-deportees-subscribe at lists.riseup.net

Chicago/Midwest/Great Lake  Region Immigrant List
send e-mail to:  chicago-immigrantrights at lists.riseup.net
or visit:  https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/chicago-immigrantrights

==

Please  Donate to National Immigrant Solidarity Network!
All Donations Are Tax  Deductible!

Make check payable to NISN/AFGJ and it will be tax  deductible! Send your
check to:
National Immigrant Solidarity Network
P.O.  Box 751
South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751

Los Angeles, California  90048
____ $100.00 ____ $ 50.00 ____ $ 35.00 ____ Other Amount  $___________
($35 or more will receive 1 year free subscriptions of the  Immigration
Alert! Newsletter Print Edition)
Every Dollar Counts! Please  Support Us!
e-mail:  Info at ImmigrantSolidarity.org

==
National  Immigrant Solidarity Network
No Immigrant Bashing! Support Immigrant  Rights!
e-mail:  info at ImmigrantSolidarity.org

New York: (212)330-8172
Los Angeles:  (213)403-0131
Washington D.C.: (202)595-8990
Chicago:  (773)942-2268