[nyfoil-l] 7/16 PROVIDENCE, RI: Another Mass ICE Raid! Your Supports Is Needed!

SIUHIN at aol.com SIUHIN at aol.com
Wed Jul 16 00:17:16 CDT 2008

7/16 PROVIDENCE, RI: Another Mass ICE Raid! Your  Supports Is Needed!

Community says no to ICE Raids in  Providence!

From: Shannah Kurland Shannah_k at hotmail.com

Today at  about 5pm ICE kidnapped at least 31 people from our community, who
work for a  cleaning contractor as janitors in Rhode Island courthouses.  The
contractor has been in a fight with members of Fuerza Laboral for refusing to
 pay wages.  And what a coincidence, the workers are attacked by ICE.

http://www.abc6.com/news/25490039.html

But fast phone trees  brought over 100 people out to support our brothers and
sisters held prisoner  inside the Providence ICE office - at this hour,
people are still outside  attempting to block the vans transporting nuestro/as
companero/as to detention  facilities.  We know for sure that at least 3 people
were released, and  possibly 8 more.  Young people from 6 to 16 led the chants
and set the  tone.

From: dorinda moreno
fuerzamundial at gmail.com

DEYA JUST CALLED, MASS ICE RAIDS, ALL IN  FRONT OF DEPORTATION FACILITY

NEED OUTREACH SUPPORT, CALL YOUR  CONGRESSPEOPLE, NEWS OUTLETS

Immigration Activist community. Women and  Children being apprehended...

Please forward, and keep in  contact...

Deya 401 497-7792
Providence, Rhode  Island

STOP THE ICE RAIDS! STOP THE ICE RAIDS! STOP THE ICE RAIDS!  STOP THE ICE
RAIDS!

National  Immigrant Solidarity Network
No Immigrant Bashing! Support Immigrant  Rights!
e-mail:  info at ImmigrantSolidarity.org
New York: (212)330-8172
Los Angeles:  (213)403-0131
Washington D.C.: (202)595-8990

Please consider making a  donation to the important work of National
Immigrant Solidarity Network

Send check pay to:
National Immigrant Solidarity  Network/AFGJ

ActionLA / The Peace Center
8124 West 3rd Street, Suite  104
Los Angeles, California 90048
(All donations are tax  deductible)

*to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv,  send e-mail
to: isn-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
or visit:  https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

*a monthly ISN monthly Action  Alert! Listserv, go to webpage
https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest

**Please join our following  listservs:

Asian American Labor Activism Alert!
send-e-mail to:  api-la-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
or visit:  https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la

New York, New Jersey,  Connecticut and Pennsylvania areas immigrant workers
information and  alerts
send e-mail to: nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
or  visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert

US-Mexico  Border Information: No Militarization of Borders! Support
Immigrant Rights!
send e-mail to: Border01-subscribe at yahoogroups.com