[nyfoil-l] All Out to May Day 2008 March for Immigrant Worker Rights!

SIUHIN at aol.com SIUHIN at aol.com
Wed Apr 30 12:41:39 CDT 2008

All Out to May Day 2008 March for  Immigrant Worker Rights!

_http://www.MayDay2008.org_ (http://www.mayday2008.org/)

May Day Action Calendars:
_http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/calendar/Calendar.php?year=2008&month=05&day=1_
(http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/calendar/Calendar.php?year=2008&month=05&day=1&filter_region=0&filter_topic=0)

Add Your May Day 2008 Events:
_http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/calendar/EventPublish.php_ (http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/calendar/EventPublish.php)

**Please Send Us Your Local May  Day Reports and Photos to:
_info at ImmigrantSolidarity.org_ (mailto:info at ImmigrantSolidarity.org)

** Post your May Day Action Videos at:  _http://www.activistvideo.org/_
(http://www.activistvideo.org/)

May Day 2008 Call to  Action!

On May Day 2008, National Immigrant Solidarity Network is  calling for a
multi-ethnic, decentralized, multi-topic and multi-tactic national  day of
mobilization to support immigrant workers rights.
1. No to anti-immigrant legislation, and the  criminalization of the
immigrant communities.
2. No to militarization of the border.
3. No to the immigrant detention and  deportation.
4. No to the guest worker program.
5. No to employer sanction and “no match”  letters.
6. Yes to a path to citizenship for undocumented  immigrants.

7. Yes to speedy family  reunification.
8. Yes to civil rights and humane immigration  law.
9. Yes to labor rights and living wages for all  workers.
10. Yes to the education and LGBT immigrant  legislation.

We acknowledges that there’ll be multiple call to actions from  across the
country to organize May Day 2008, and each coalition will present  their sets of
demands. We should respects each other organizing and encourage  and supports
everyone’s issues:

1) Multi-ethnic, Decentralized and Multi-topic  mobilization: while everyone
will pledge to support immigrant workers rights at  May Day 2007, local groups
can choose to includes any other topics for their  mobilizations: civil
rights, anti-war, Katrina, labor rights, health care….,  etc.
2) Decentralized Multi-Tactic May Day organizing: We will encourage  everyone
to organize their actions at May Day, but will let local groups to  decide
what they want to do at the day: march, boycott, strike, lunch action,  vigil,
community event, conference or congressional lobby day,  etc.Understanding the
connections between our individual  conditions of life and the lives of people
everywhere in the word allows us to  come together and organize across all
borders. WE NEED to link the connections  between: wars in Africa, south
America, Asia, Iraq, Palestine & Korea with  sweatshops in Asia as well as in Los
Angeles, New York; international arm sales  and WTO, FTAA, NAFTA & CAFTA with
AIDS, hunger, child labors and child  solider; multinational corporations and
economic exploitation with racism and  poverty at home–then we can win the
struggle. Let’s all come together, on May Day 2008, to build a new immigrant  rights
and civil rights movements!
If you endorse our points of unity, please send e-mail to:
_info at ImmigrantSolidarity.org_ (mailto:info at ImmigrantSolidarity.org)

In solidarity!

Lee Siu Hin
National Coordinator

National Immigrant Solidarity Network
No Immigrant  Bashing! Support Immigrant Rights!
webpage: _http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org_
(http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/)
e-mail:  _info at ImmigrantSolidarity.org_
(mailto:infor at ImmigrantSolidarity.org)
New  York: (212)330-8172
Los Angeles: (213)403-0131
Washington D.C.:  (202)595-8990

Please consider making a donation to the important  work of National
Immigrant Solidarity Network

Send check pay to:
National Immigrant  Solidarity Network/AFGJ

ActionLA / The Peace  Center
8124 West 3rd Street, Suite 104
Los Angeles, California  90048
(All donations are tax deductible)

*to join  the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail
to: isn-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
or  visit: _https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn_ (http://list
s.riseup.net/www/info/isn)

*a  monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! Listserv, go to webpage
_https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest_ (http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest)

**Please join our following  listservs:

Asian American Labor Activism Alert!
send-e-mail  to: _api-la-subscribe at lists.riseup.net_
(mailto:api-la-subscribe at lists.riseup.net)
or  visit: _https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la_
(http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la)

New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania areas immigrant  workers
information and alerts
send e-mail to: _nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe at lists.riseup.net_
(mailto:nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe at lists.riseup.net)
or visit: _https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert_
(http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert)

US-Mexico Border Information: No Militarization of Borders! Support
Immigrant Rights!
send e-mail to: _Border01-subscribe at yahoogroups.com_
(mailto:Border01-subscribe at yahoogroups.com)

Virginia state-wide immigrant organizing e-mail list,  send- e-mail to:
_va-immigrantrights-subscribe at lists.riseup.net_
(mailto:va-immigrantrights-subscribe at lists.riseup.net)   or visit:
_https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/va-immigrantrights_ (https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/va-immigrantrights)

Immigrant Detention &  Deportation Alert!
visit: _https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-immigrantdetention_
(https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-immigrantdetention)
send  e-mail to: _isn-immigrantdetention-subscribe at lists.riseup.net_
(mailto:isn-immigrantdetention at lists.riseup.net)