[nyfoil-l] performances January 11 & 19

Vijay Iyer vijay at vijay-iyer.com
Mon Jan 8 22:39:45 CST 2007

Dear friends,

This is Vijay Iyer wishing you a happy new year!

I have a couple of performances coming soon that may interest you:

Thursday night, January 11:
VIJAY IYER QUARTET
V.I., piano; Rudresh Mahanthappa, alto saxophone; Stephan Crump, bass;
special guest Tyshawn Sorey, drums.
IRIDIUM, 1650 Broadway @ 51st St., NYC
ONE SET ONLY @ MIDNIGHT
This special event during IAJE is co-sponsored by Savoy Jazz.
http://www.iridiumjazzclub.com

Friday, January 19:
8PM: VIJAY IYER TRIO
V.I., piano; Stephan Crump, bass; Marcus Gilmore, drums.
10PM: VIJAY IYER-STEVE COLEMAN DUO
V.I., piano & electronics; Steve Coleman, alto saxophone
THE STONE, Ave. C @ 2nd St., NYC
Part of a monthlong series curated by the one and only Steve Coleman at
this esteemed music venue.
http://thestonenyc.com

Each of these shows will cost you just $10.

Also, I'm happy to announce that "Raw Materials," the duo album of Rudresh
Mahanthappa and myself released last May on Savoy, landed on a number of
critics' best-of-2006 lists, including those in The Village Voice and
JazzTimes.

Thanks for reading & please spread the word!  I hope to see you soon.

(And as always, let me know if you don't want to receive these emails.)

Best wishes,
Vijay Iyer

http://vijay-iyer.com
http://myspace.com/vijayiyer